Monday, April 2, 2007

Looking Ahead

I'm interested in what this first week of April will show us. I think that the markets will start to decide which direction they are headed for the next couple of months. Looking back at last year, this time was fairly positive, and oil prices headed higher. But all of that set up to a decline in early to mid summer. I do think that oil prices are going to continue higher. I've been positive on refiners mostly rather than oil services. If you're going to look at a driller, concentrate on offshore rather than land drillers.

Here is a nice article about Warren Buffett and his current views on the market.

4 comments:

Zachary said...

I love my long-term ETF portfolio. It's great not to have to worry about market trends too much.

Michael said...

What are some of your favorite ETF's?

dong said...

I have to agree with commentators on the link Siegel's article on Buffet, why read the summary when you can read the orginal. Buffet is much more articulate. He really does have a great folksy way about talking about things and giving credit.

http://www.berkshirehathaway.com/letters/2006ltr.pdf

If we could all invest like Buffet...

Michael said...

I do agree with that. The letters to shareholders are great to read because you know its coming straight from Buffett. I think it is so interesting that someone so successful takes such an honest and simplistic approach to discussing his company.

-and to Zachary, I agree it is nice to have a long term portfolio you are confident in, and it is good to keep an eye on the markets so you can know when to rebalance, and find new trends etc. Thanks!