Monday, April 30, 2007

Market Outlook

Stocks seems to be losing a bit of steam the past couple of sessions. They have been driven by strong earnings and M&A activity, and this will start to slow now. As we head into the slower part of the year, I think that oil will continue sliding up as we enter the summer driving season. I also am intrigued by the pharmaceutical sector. There has been some positive news coming out, and many companies have been looking good. I still am a fan of Amgen (AMGN) even after its recent rebound. Some sectors that I see under performing would be financials, tech, and construction related stocks.

I think inflation will become a concern as the year goes on, and that could hurt the markets some. But overall, with corporate profits strong, there still should be some good performance ahead.

No comments: