Thursday, May 3, 2007

International Exposure

In these recent times of the weak dollar, I like to get some exposure to international companies as well. Cemex (CX) is a company I have followed for quite some time. They are a Mexican company, but supply cement to growing areas throughout the world. They are in a battle to acquire Australian rival Rinker, and it appears that the deal will go through. I like this company for a number of reasons. As always before picking a stock, I go through the fundamentals. They are there. What is causing me to get excited about this company though is the fact that they are doing well even though the US construction market is down. They are benefiting from the growth in Mexico and throughout the world. And once the US market gets back on track, they really stand to gain.

No comments: