Friday, July 31, 2009

Battery Technology is the Future

I mentioned Chinese battery manufacturer Advanced Battery Technologies (ABAT) back in May when I noticed their CEO buy a big block of shares. I don't typically get too heavy into Chinese companies due to the lack of reliable information we get about them, but I do like this one. They are into lithium-ion batteries that are used in computers, smart phones, etc. They also just introduced batteries for ZAP scooters. (Press Release).

Also saw an interesting tidbit from Bloomberg today about Buffett and company making an investment in Chinese hybrid carmaker BYD. Its worth checking out. Also, Charlie Munger had this to say, “Battery technology is one of the most important subjects affecting the technological future of man." Amen to that.

I'd like to buy ABAT under $4.00 if I can.



No Positions.

No comments: