Monday, August 24, 2009

What I'm Reading

Like many investor/blogger types, I am constantly reading a few books. My lack of trading recently has given me even more time to plow through some books. I figured I give a quick update of what I'm reading. There's a good shot I'll review some or all of these books.

Adventure Capitalist by Jim Rogers. Story of Jim's journey around the world with his modified Mercedes convertible. He shares stories of the culture in various countries, and in particular conditions for investing. One might say a book written six years ago about where to invest is outdated. But the beauty here is Rogers is always thinking with a longer time horizon than most, and he's often quite early on trends, so its actually a perfect time to be reading this book.




The Snowball by Alice Shroeder. This is the authorized recent bio about Warren Buffett. Its quite lengthy (as many biographies tend to be), so I've been taking my time with it. It covers it all, from his childhood habits and the beginnings of a great investor, to current events. I'm most interested in the war stories and how he made his successful investments more than family history etc, but this is an interesting book if you're a Buffett fan.




Active Value Investing: Making Money in Range Bound Markets by Vitaliy Katsenelson. Just started this one. I've been aware of it for awhile, but haven't had the chance to pick it up until recently. I'm excited about this one as Vitaliy is a very smart guy, and I tend to subscribe to this style of investing. Not much else to say as I'm barely into it.




If you've read these and have an opinion, feel free to comment. Otherwise, if you're interested in reading them, I've supplied the links to find them on Amazon.com. Thanks!

No comments: