Monday, January 18, 2010

Interesting Reading-Monday

Whenever I have time (like days when the market is closed), I try to update what I'm reading for the day. 

Vale to Grab Ore Share From BHP, Rio as Demand Surges - I continue to believe the in the secular growth of this industry, due to the rise of China.

Kraft’s ‘Wiggle Room’ to Win Cadbury Must Be in Cash - I like this stock, but I have no way to forecast what might happen with this deal.  Ackman entering the fray obviously made it more appealing.  But like Buffett said, why issue all this stock when you were buying it back over the past year. Its not like it is overvalued.  I still may have to dip a toe in on this one.

Apple to Host Event Jan. 27, Signaling Tablet Debut - People go nuts over anything new from Apple these days, and this should be no different.  I haven't owned the stock for a couple of years.  It's not really my style of investment. 

Vikings Roll Cowboys. Not exactly market related, but I just couldn't help myself.  One of the best games ever for a Viking fan.  I've been a Vikes fan since I was old enough to watch football.  Just enjoying these games, and maybe we'll have a shot to win it this year.   

No comments: