Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Added Some GGP

I've been pretty cautious on adding anything here as many of my stocks have run up a bit.  I did add some General Growth Properties (GGP) yesterday around $15.11.  I'm not going to speculate whether Simon Property Group, or the Brookfield group, or even someone else comes out on top.  From what I've seen so far, many of the best, brightest investors have been involved in this thing and that tells me that A) There are some really good assets at stake here, and B) They are being bought at cheap levels.  Now depending on the particular outcome and who emerges as the leader here, it may take more or less time, but I do believe we'll see shares higher in the months ahead.  So I went ahead and added, and increased my position by about 1/3.  I wish I could have been many, many more shares at my original buy price of $1.79.

Also, if you're looking for more analysis on the GGP situation, check out Todd Sullivan's Value Plays blog.  It is well worth the subscription, as I've made that cost back many times over.

Disclosure: Long GGP

No comments: