Thursday, October 21, 2010

Position Update

I continue to be cautiously optimistic, and more bullish than most.  I finally sold off my small position in ABB, at 22.90.  I've been waiting for some time to exit this position, and decided to sell into the strength here.  I like the company, but just don't see as much upside for the stock as I do in others I'm looking at.  That's what selling ultimately comes down to if you're value oriented.  I look at basically two things: 1) Is the stock fairly valued or even over valued? and 2) Do I have somewhere better to put that cash?  In this case, I feel pretty solid on both for ABB.  Sure, if the market continues to rally it could move higher, but like I said before, I have a few other ideas.

Now, I'm not looking to sell anything else I own, unless we see a lot more upside.  For a quick update on what I own for individual stocks, here goes:

General Growth Properties (GGP)
American Capital (ACAS)
Compass Diversified (CODI)
TII Network Technologies (TIII)
Etrade (ETFC)
Jamba (JMBA)
Pfizer (PFE)
Igo Inc. (IGOI)


I will add to any of these, if given the opportunity.  I've got a few new ones in my sights as well, but as usual, I'm willing to be patient and (hopefully) not overpay.

There you have it.  I'll try to update more frequently.

Disclosure: Long GGP, ACAS, CODI, TIII, ETFC, JMBA, PFE, IGOI

No comments: